Financial help for medical students
To be eligible for our support you must meet all the following criteria:
- be currently studying medicine as a registered student on a course at a University in the UK which meets the eligibility requirements for GMC registration
- intend to work in the UK after qualification
- be in exceptional and unexpected financial hardship due to a change in circumstances caused by ill health, disability or bereavement
- be at serious risk of failing to qualify as a result of the financial pressures you face
- be in the final 2 years of your training (i.e. expecting Provisional Registration within 2 years)
What we provide
The RMBF offers grants to assist with essential living expenses while studying. The amount of each grant is set according to an individual’s needs.
What we don’t provide
The RMBF does not provide financial support towards tuition fees.
How do I apply for help?
Email [email protected] to get in touch with our Casework team and discuss whether you are eligible for help.
You can also contact us via phone on 020 8540 9194 (select option 1). Please be advised that due to home working, it is better to contact us via email if you can.
Other types of help
If you are not eligible for direct financial support, we offer access to general advice & support articles, and links to other organisations: