To be eligible for our support you must be able to answer ‘Yes’ to all of the following:
- Are you currently studying medicine as a registered student on a course at a university in the UK which meets the eligibility requirements for GMC registration?
- Are you in the final two years of your training (i.e. expecting Provisional Registration within two years)?
- Are you in exceptional and unexpected financial hardship due to a change in circumstances caused by ill health, disability or bereavement?
- Are you at serious risk of failing to qualify as a result of the financial pressures you face?
- Do you intend to work in the UK after qualification?
If eligibility is confirmed and you proceed to submit an application, we will ask for the above to be confirmed in a reference from your medical school.
What we provide
The RMBF offers grants to assist with essential living expenses while studying. The amount of each grant is set according to an individual’s needs.
What we don’t provide
The RMBF does not provide financial support towards tuition fees.
The RMBF is unable to consider applications where previous parental support is no longer provided, unless exceptional circumstances exist.
How do I apply for help?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to the five questions above you may be eligible for consideration of financial assistance.
Email [email protected] or fill in the form below to get in touch with our Casework team to discuss whether you are eligible for help.
You can also contact us via phone on 020 8540 9194 (select option 1). Please be advised that due to home working, it is better to contact us via email if you can.
Other types of help
If you are not eligible for direct financial support, we offer access to general advice & support articles, and links to other organisations: