You must be GMC registered, have little in the way of income and savings and be unable to support yourself financially due to illness, disability, bereavement or because you are over state retirement age; or because your ability to work has been affected by Covid-19.
What we provide
- Monthly grants to help with essential day-to-day living costs
- Back-to-work awards, if you are returning to work after a period of illness
- Help with purchasing specialist equipment
- Help with purchasing disability adaptations for your car or home
If you are eligible for financial support, we may also be able to provide other types of help depending on your circumstances, including:
- Money and debt management advice
- Telephone befriending, if you are isolated and in need of support
What we don’t provide
The RMBF does not provide financial support towards the cost of certain items, including:
- Private health care and treatment
- Private education
- Legal fees
- Inland Revenue payments
- Repaying loans from family and friends
We cannot provide support for all family members of doctors, only their direct dependants. This usually means financially dependent children, spouses or partners of doctors.
How do I apply for help?
Email [email protected], or fill in the contact form below, to get in touch with our Casework team and discuss whether you are eligible for help.
You can also contact us via phone on 020 8540 9194 (select option 1). Please be advised that due to home working, it is better to contact us via email if you can.
Other types of help
If you are not eligible for direct financial support, we offer access to general advice & support articles, and links to other organisations: