Who they help
Trainee doctors and other health professionals wanting to decide what type of medical career to pursue.
Type of help provided
Health Careers is the information service about the range of 350 or so careers available in health.
They are part of Health Education England and they aim is to support people in education and at all stages of their career to discover more about the health roles that are available, and how to get in and get on.
How help is provided and by whom
The Health Careers team works from various locations across England and they:
- provide this comprehensive Health Careers website that has detailed information about a huge range of health roles
- run a contact centre where people can talk to or email an adviser to find out about different health careers.
- provide the Step into the NHS service specifically for young people to encourage them to consider a career in health
- publish a range of printed materials for use at careers and other events
- attend big national careers events to promote health careers
- produce a number of videos to show what it’s like to work in different jobs
- provide timely updates through Twitter and Facebook
Times that help is provided
Email: Via contact form on website
Phone helpline: 0345 60 60 655 (9.00am-5.30pm, Monday-Friday)