Financial help for medical students and their families
What we provide
The RMBF offers grants to assist with essential living expenses while studying. The amount of each grant is set according to an individual’s needs.
To be eligible for our support you must:
- be a registered student on a course at a UK medical school which meets the eligibility requirements for GMC registration
- intend to work in the UK after qualification
- be in exceptional and unexpected hardship due to ill health, disability or bereavement
- be at serious risk of failing to qualify as a result of the financial pressures you face
- be in the final 2 years of your training (i.e. expecting Provisional Registration within 2 years)
How do I apply for help?
Email email@example.com or call 020 8540 9194 (option 1) to talk to our Casework team, and discuss whether you are eligible for help.
Other types of help
If you are not eligible for direct financial support, we offer access to general advice & support articles, and links to other organisations: