We appreciate the help and support of those medical students who participated in our research into student experiences and perceptions of debt, advised on design and content and pilot tested the prototype version our website Money4MedStudents, content of which has now been moved to the new-look RMBF Medical Students advice site. We would also like to thank the organisations we have worked with for their support.
BMA Medical Students Committee
The Committee represents some 16,000 medical students from across the UK and has representatives in each medical school.
Its three main areas of activity are:
- Student Finance – lobbying on behalf of medical students and supporting this lobbying through evidence, for instance from the annual survey of medical student finances
- Medical Education – including agreeing a medical school charter with the Medical Schools Council
- Student Welfare and Widening Access to Medical Education – as with the best practice guidelines on studying medicine with dyslexia.
Medical Schools Council
Formerly the Council of Heads of Medical Schools, the Council aims to:
- Be a principal source for informed opinion and advice on all matters relating to basic medical education and medical school research in the UK
- Improve and maintain quality in basic medical education
- Promote medical education and research
- Promote and develop relationships with medical schools in other countries
National Association of Student Money Advisors
NASMA has around 450 members in Universities and Colleges across the UK. The Association aims to provide a support network and forum for those working in the fields of student funding and Student Money Advice. NASMA also contributes to national consultation on student funding issues.